Thursday, October 3, 2013

Stay healthy and preservative free

A great way to stay healthy and free of preservatives is to use fresh and organic ingredients. Again this is not a deal breaker, but as fresh as possible is always healthier! I may not be able to buy all my produce organic, but I sure won't skimp when it comes to spices/herbs that I use constantly! For those of you who love salads and the dressing to top it off with, here is a Paleo friendly salad dressing from my personal recipe book. (This one is a modified version of my mom's, so thanks Mom!)

Balsamic/Red Wine Vinegrette

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red wine vinegar
Balsmic vinegar
Dry Thyme
Sea salt
Black pepper
Dry mustard
1 Garlic clove

Directions:
Combine in a pourable container 3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, 1/3 cup balsmic vinegar, 2 tsp thyme, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 1 pressed garlic clove (1 tsp fresh minced garlic or garlic powder can be substituded). Shake, serve, and enjoy!!

*Note: if you do not like red wine vinegar you can exchange it for white wine vinegar. Double/triple the recipe as you'd like!


No comments:

Post a Comment