Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Morning Breakfast

This has always been one of my favorite things of the week, lazy Sunday starting off with a family breakfast. I can remember being little and cooking breakfast on Sundays with my Dad and/or Mom. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, and orange juice. Well, times have changed! I'm actually allergic to orange juice now (or the preservatives used in the juice mixes these days, the doctor and I are unsure, but I digress.Once I'm fully detoxed I'll try fresh squeezed OJ and let you know if I need a big dose of benadryl or if I'm free to drink OJ again!), and being Paleo I don't eat grains so no biscuits!

Here is my idea of a Paleo breakfast (Sunday morning or not):

Green Eggs, Bacon, Avocados, & Peaches

Ingredients:
4 Slices uncured bacon
4 Natural Eggs (I use large brown)
1 Avocado
1 Peach
1/2 Green bell pepper
1/2 Jalapeno
4 Green onions
Cilantro
Sea salt
Black pepper

Directions:
You will use two frying pans, lightly coat them with extra virgin olive oil.
  1. Dice/chop green bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, and green onions
  2. Slice the avocado and peaches in half, then slice to desired size
  3. Crack all 4 eggs into a bowl
  4. Combine eggs, vegetables, salt and pepper to taste
  5. Pour eggs and vegetables into frying pan and scramble on medium heat to desired hardness
  6. Place bacon in frying pan and cook on medium heat til cooked to desired crispiness, remember to flip bacon to cook the other side
  7. Serve and enjoy!

*This recipe is made to serve two, please double/triple as needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment